Saturday, September 29, 2007

WOO HOO! Just Made Captain!

That's right... I just got my promotion letter in the mail- it's "official" on 1 October. Heck, I'm not active duty anymore, and it's not like I'll be seeing a pay increase or anything (more of "nothing" is still nothing since I'm inactive)... but it's still something I always wanted, so in keeping with tradition, virtual drinks are on me!!!!

Went to a Japanese Steakhouse- the food wasn't great, but the chef kept squirting sake in my mouth, so I was happy! :-)

Anyway... Hoorah!

6 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

I'll take a real drink thanks!..Cheers!

pela68 said...

Congratulations!

I´m looking forward for a Staff Sergeant promotion sometimes in the neare future.

Some extra money (not something to break Champaigne for)- but, still it's kind of nice...

Ronbo said...

Nice going, Sir Captain Falcon!

This old Staff Sergeant salutes you electronically!

Cheers, Ronbo

falcon_01 said...

Salute returned, with pleasure!

Anonymous said...

Chris - congrats! Sorry I didn't see it sooner. Can't buy you a drink, but if you'd let me know your poison, I'm sure there would be a present in the mail for you. Email you address as well - terresa AT noisyroom DOT net.

falcon_01 said...

aww, thanks for the offer, it really means a lot to me in and of itself. However, I'm going to have to decline on the principle that my wife would most likely kill me. ;-)